Energy Efficient Communities Program - Small Business
Posted Jul 11, 2020
Another Grant currently available within our industry.
Energy Efficient Communities Program – Small Business Grants
"The Energy Efficient Communities Program – Small Business Grants provides small businesses with grants of up to $20,000 to improve their energy efficiency. Grants may be used for equipment and component improvements, energy audits, feasibility studies and/or energy use and emission monitoring. The grant opportunity is open 6 July and closes 26 Aug 2020 05:00 PM AEST.
Grants are from $5,000 to $20,000 for small businesses.
This grant opportunity is for small businesses with an annual turnover of less than $10 million per year based on Business Activity Statements from the previous 12 months.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support small businesses to save energy through:
- replace existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- install or replace a component/s to help an existing system run more efficiently
- carry out on-farm energy audits
- carry out monitoring of energy usage and emissions
There is an estimated $9.06 million available for this grant opportunity, with a maximum of three projects funded per electorate. We expect that there will be a high level of interest for this grant opportunity and it will likely be oversubscribed. This means an eligible application will not automatically be approved. We will approve grants according to meeting eligibility criteria, submission time and date and distribution across federal electoral divisions.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000
- The maximum project period is 18 months
You can use your grant for one or more of the following:
- replacing existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- installing or replacing a component to help an existing system run more efficiently (for example installing a variable speed drive on a pump, or installing automatic controls on energy-using equipment, or installing a modulating burner on a boiler)
- energy audits
- investment feasibility studies for energy efficiency upgrades
- monitoring of energy consumption and emissions
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- have an annual turnover of less than $10 million based on Business Activity Statements from the previous 12 months
and be one of the following entities:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a co-operative
- a partnership
- a sole trader
Further information and how to apply on the website: here"1
How to apply?
Head to https://business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Energy-Efficient-Communities-Program-Small-Business and hit "Apply Now".
More information call Business.gov.au on 13 28 46.
We are proud of our durable and expertly designed equipment and our ability to provide outstanding service, back up spare parts and components and expert advice. Choose Delmade to ensure your machine is up and running when you need it!